Sunday, March 9, 2014

Painted toes, Pretty flowers, Playtime, and Planting


          We are ready to welcome spring. Growing up in Florida I didn't experience 4 seasons; we had hot and cool. In my 6th winter up here in Kentucky I have come to welcome temps. above 40. This week talking to my mom, who's still in FL, she was saying it was cold there at 40 degrees and I said oh well it's a warm 40 here. I've come to enjoy the seasons and changes in the year. Winter is by far my least favorite and summer my favorite. I will complain about cold but not hot; not even close to 100 degrees. I've enjoyed the fall colors and spring blooms. In Florida it's green all year; I didn't get in see fall colors until moving to college in TN. We wore a jacket at 50 degrees. It's all in what you are accustomed too. The first summer up here I didn't sweat. I didn't know that was possible. I sweat now and I actually look forward to sweating outside; I know strange.
 
Somethings I look forward to as the spring is coming is painting my toes in preparation for wearing flip flops. Today was the day for that and it just makes me feel warmer. They were painted year round in Florida.

 
I've also come to look forward to seeing the first "March Flowers." They are daffodils that bloom in March. It's always a great sign that spring will come. I had never heard of March flowers before moving up here. This March they are welcomed more than before. I found this one today.
 
 
I also look forward to being outside not bundled up but in shorts and maybe even barefoot. As a mom of boys we are outside as much as possible. Since the time change we were able to play outside between supper and bedtime. We enjoyed doing this alot last summer. It was still chilly tonight but they had a blast. I look forward to spending many hours outside this summer. Little C1 has already asked when we can get the pool out and put the swings back out. The time will come soon.
 
 
Yesterday was a warm day too. Big C came to see if Little C1 wanted to work on the planter to get ready for Spring planting. Little C2 felt left out and started to cry and walk to the truck too. So he got to go on his first working trip with Daddy. All the boys were quite excited. Little C1 kept saying he might get dirty. I let them stay about an hour. They both were dirty; there was plenty of mud from the melting snow. Their shoes were removed and Little C2's pants before getting in the car to go home.
When we got home I put all their clothes in the wash and this morning I was scrubbing Little C2's boots with an old toothbrush to get all the mud off before church. As they get bigger I know the messes will get bigger but they had fun. 
 
As a farmer's wife I've come to look forward to planting time and visiting the fields with the boys. This time will come soon too. I know everyone is hoping this brutal winter is over soon; me included. Winter can't last forever.
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment