Saturday, February 1, 2014

Beating the cold!

I would think its safe to say everyone is over this winter. I was recently shopping and was excited to see Plant City, Florida strawberries in the produce section. I forgot it was strawberry season. Then I thought a strawberry pie would help beat these winter blues. I thought I would share some pictures and the recipe. My boys love it.
 
Start with a box of strawberries. Wash.


Combine:
 1 cup sugar
1 cup water
4 Tbsp. cornstarch
4 Tbsp. Raspberry jello
Bring to boil.

The original recipe called for Strawberry Jello we think it tastes better using Raspberry. This was discovered when Strawberry Jello was sold out.
While the mix is heating I cut my strawberries and layer until the graham cracker crust is full.
 The Jello mixture should be thick; it doesn't take long to thicken after it boils.
Let cool; then pour over strawberries. 


Chill the pie for a few hours until firm usually 4 hours.
 
Finished product topped with Cool Whip. Very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment