Thursday, October 15, 2015

Meals on Wheels

There are many hats worn by the farmer's wife. During Harvest and Planting season one of those hats is a chef's hat. Tonight I delivered 6 plates of spaghetti to 3 different farms. It's was a busy night on the farm. I loaded up 3 boys and dinner, cookies, and sweet teas. Through many nights of delivering supper I have learn the best techniques for transporting meals through bumpy field so I do not have spills in my car. These to go boxes work great for the meal.
 
I dropped off 2 meals at a field where soybeans were being harvested for the combine driver and the grain cart driver.
 I dropped off 3 more meals at another field being harvested; a meal for the driver, grain cart driver, and truck driver.
 
The last meal was dropped off to Big C who was planting winter wheat in a harvested corn field.
 

 Needless to say, my explorer is a welcomed sight at the end of the day. I try to give them one last boost to finish the day strong.

2 comments: