Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sausage for supper?

Sausage for supper?
This was a new concept for me when I moved to the farm. I thought of sausage as a breakfast meat as patties or in gravy for breakfast. I was wrong it can be enjoyed at supper time too.
There's a casserole from my husband's family that is served for supper using sausage. I quickly learned when you live on a hog farm sausage can be for supper. I'll share the recipe.
 
Sausage and Potato Casserole
Ingredients:
1lb sausage
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3/4 cup milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 t pepper
1 cup shredded cheese
4 cups peeled, diced potatoes
 
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Cook sausage with onions. While the sausage is cooking mix milk, soup and pepper. In a 9x13 casserole dish layer 1/2 the potatoes, 1/2 the soup mixture, and half the cheese. Then repeat layers. Cover with foil and cook at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
Uncover and cook 5 more minutes.
I like to serve with a green vegetable like green beans or broccoli.
 
Before cooking

After cooking

Dinner is served!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment