Saturday, February 21, 2015

Sausage and Corn Chowder

When I woke to weather looking like this; rain on top of snow I thought soup would be a great supper idea. It was.
Snowed in Day 6
 After lunch I put this soup in the crockpot which made the house smell like sausage and warmed things up.
 
This recipe is pretty simple and can be cooked on the stove or in the crockpot.
I like doing the crockpot so I can fix it and forget about it for a bit.
 
Sausage and Corn Chowder
1 lb Sausage
1 onion, chopped
4 potatoes, peeled, cubed, and cooked
1 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried basil
2 cups of water
1 can (16 oz.) whole corn
1 can (16 oz.) creamed corn
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
 
 
1. Brown sausage with onion. Drain fat. (A perk of living on a pig farm is having home grown sausage.)
2. Cook potatoes about 20 minutes after coming to a boil.
3. Combine: corns, milk, water, and spices in the crockpot.
4. Add sausage
5. Drain potatoes and add to crockpot.
6. Stir to mix well
7. Cook on low for several hours; stirring periodically
(If using the stove simmer 30-40 mintues or until thoroughly heated.)  
peel, cube, and cook potatoes

I had plenty of "help"

I served with cornbread pancakes and topped with cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment