Sunday, December 21, 2014

I'm back from....an unplanned break


The boys with Santa; Little C2 wasn't so sure.
 
I will start this post by apologizing for "taking a break" I didn't plan to take a break from blogging but life happens and some things fall to the side. I tried to keep up with Wordless Wednesdays as best I could. My goal is to get back on track writing more frequently.
 
We were busy with harvest from September to a week before Thanksgiving. This is a very busy time on the farm my days were full of running to the field to move employees to other farms, meals to the field, running to the store for parts for machines and various other tasks. All with 2 and 4 year old boys in tow. We would ride with Daddy in the tractor or combine when we could 'cause this was sometimes the only time the boys would see Daddy for the day or days.
 
On the farm we grow corn, soybeans, wheat and pigs. Sometimes we grow in employees, land and newer equipment. This fall we started growing an addition to our family! I'm expecting number 3 the end of May. Hoping to squeeze a new baby in between planting and wheat harvest. We will see how well that timing is; baby's come when they are ready.
 
So adding this on top of harvest busyness; I was down right tired this fall. The tiredness subsided just in time for holiday busyness and conferences. Eight years ago I didn't know farmers attended conferences with hundreds sometimes thousands of farmers from around the state and country. Our winter months are full of conferences in state and out of state learning about the newest farming technology, products, and networking with farming friends.
 
We are looking forward to a busy Christmas season and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment