Friday, September 5, 2014

What is busy?

We say we are busy but what really is busy. I'm beginning to think it's just the life we make for ourselves. Even if I stayed home all day I would still be busy. I have 2 very active boys who are always busy. This summer has seemed to have flown by. I find myself sometimes wishing for the busyness of field work because then we are home and not running here, there and everywhere. We do enjoy taking trips and seeing new places but it's nice to be home too. Farm work is always busy though. August flew by. We kicked the month off with AGstravaganza and then headed to the beach in Florida for a vacation. It was nice to get away and have family time.
We checked a few things off Little C1's list of request: a zoo trip and a train ride. The zoo we visited was the one I visited at about my boys ages. We also attended the church I grew up in. It was nice to see some old friends. Some things never change like driving through Destin and seeing the HOT NOW sign at Krispy Kreme. The boys discovered the goodness in the church parking lot. During church Little C2 kept saying in a whisper (thank goodness) "more donuts."

Feeding the giraffe was a highlight of the zoo even when I was little.

 
Once we were well relaxed from the beach we welcomed in friends from college for the 4th annual Labor Day Hog Roast weekend. We enjoy hosting this event each year and catching up on the past year as well as meeting new little ones.

 
So our life is busy but I don't think we could create a slow pace. Now we are waiting and prepping equipment for harvest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment